Sunday, August 29, 2010

Bathroom Baskets: Make Your Wedding Guests Feel at Home

The hubby and I recently traveled to Lake George, NY, to coordinate a fabulous wedding at The Inn at Erlowest. I'll be sharing the full 411 on that wedding next week, but for now, I wanted to show you the adorable bathroom baskets and poems I whipped up to make our guests feel a little more at home.



It was an outdoor wedding so when our guests got a little hot and sticky, they were thrilled to find the baskets that the bride and I put together. The baskets came from
Lowe's for around 8 bucks each. And we loaded them up with dental floss, lotion, soap, body spray, band-aids, bug spray, spray deodorant, mints... and much, much more.

I snagged a few frames that were on clearance from Target and printed the poem with the bride and groom's monogram. The frames actually had a few scratches on them that were pretty noticeable because the layer beneath the navy blue paint was white... but I really was trying to save the bride as much
moolah as possible, so I bought them anyway. Then, once I got them home, I just rubbed a little bit of blue eyeliner over the scratches and they were as good as new!




And just in case you were wondering, here are the words to the poem.

So happy you are here to share in our special day!
But should something happen to go astray,
Please help yourself to the contents within…
Hair spray, hand lotion, gum and even aspirin…
Use only what you need and leave the rest,
It may be useful to another guest.
So repair the damage that may have been done…
Then hurry back and join the fun!
Compliments of the Newlyweds
-Brigid and Steve


It's the small things that can make your party guests feel so very special. You may be thinking this post isn't for you because there isn't a wedding in your near future... but not so fast! This poem can go for any party. Those holiday
soirees are right around the corner, so file this away under "I need to remember this." A little goes a long way to make your visitors feel extra special.

No comments:

Post a Comment