Thursday, August 26, 2010

A Luggage Laden Living Room


As I've mentioned before, we bought ENORMOUS furniture when we first moved. I don't know what I was thinking. Furniture always seems to look so much smaller when it's in the store.

Downsizing the furniture to fit the our space was my number one motivation for our living room re-do. I wanted it to go from cramped to cozy. I also wanted to bring in different textures and I thought vintage luggage would do the trick.

I scored an old trunk at a local antique store. The trunk now has a happy new home as my coffee table in front of the sofa. It needed a little help in the height area so I just bought some table legs at Lowes; painted them; drilled some holes in the bottom and shoved those legs in and secured it with a little bit of glue. It went from an old trunk to an awesome table in just minutes!

And I didn't stop there when it came to using luggage in the living room. I picked up two more suitcases; one brown and one black. Now that the brown hard covered suitcase is nestled nicely atop the the black suitcase, it makes a wonderful side table between my two slip covered chairs. So there you go... my luggage laden living room.



We're getting closer to the full reveal of the living room. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment