Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Meet Our Fur Babies...

So far you have met me and you've met my hubby-- virtually, of course but that only makes up half of the Boyd clan. We don't have children, but we have two pets that we adore.

Mittens is our 8 year old feline. She's a 20 pounder... and no matter how much we try to put her on a diet, she is destined to be large and in charge.


Does this picture make me look fat??
(Okay, so she's not really as big as that picture makes her look. Some creative camera angles makes images appear larger than they really are.)


Speaking of being in charge, she definitely is just that-- in charge. Even though she would be in the heavy-weight class of her kind, she is the smaller of our two pets but she puts her "paw" down, making sure our pup knows she's the boss.

Our pup is Brinkley, the Goldendoodle... and he's my baby! And yes, for those of you that recognize that name-- he was named after the golden retriever in "You've Got Mail." He joined our family at just 11 weeks old. He came home to stay on February 15th (Happy Valentine's Day to me!) He certainly has won my heart. At the moment, he is about 60 lbs but once full grown, he'll reach the 90 lb mark.




These two keep us on our toes. They both have done their fair share of damage to newly finished projects.


4 comments:

  1. She is HUGE!! She's my husband's baby and the dog has my heart!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just stumbled onto your blog and had to say hi. Your Brinkly is adorable! We have a goldendoodle mix and every picture I see of a goldendoodle they are smiling! They're such happy and fun dogs, aren't they?

    ReplyDelete