Sunday, September 5, 2010

Lovin' Some Chalkboard Paint!

I know that chalkboard paint isn't a new phenomenon but it never gets old in our house. I wanted a place to jot down notes, lists, and phone numbers... and it would be even better if it doubled as a welcome note to guests as they arrive to parties in our home.

My inspiration? Awhile back, I saw a restaurant that used mirrors covered in chalkboard paint to list their menus. So I began and ended my search at the Habitat for Humanity thrift store. I found an old and ugly mirror in need of some TLC. I painted the scratched up wood boarder with some cream paint. Then I taped the edges of the mirror with painters tape so a little bit of the mirror would show through and act as a boarder. After a few hours and a few coats of chalkboard paint, I had my chalkboard.

Here it is:



And here it is in our kitchen...

And in the last picture you can see that I used when I hosted a baby shower a month ago...


Now get to painting!


No comments:

Post a Comment