Monday, September 13, 2010

Paint, Puppies and Doors... Oh My!

For the last few months, I've been working on painting all of our doors black. Awhile back, I read a house crashing post on Young House Love. The house they chose to crash had gone black with all of their doors (read their post here). As I read their post, I noticed that the walls surrounding their black doors were a very similar color to the "Cream Fleece" that I decided to paint most of our home. When I told my husband and a few of friends-and well everyone about my decision to paint all of our doors black, to say they were all skeptical would be an understatement.

But I forged ahead with my plan and began painting. We had only had our puppy for a few months when I started a rather large painting project. I didn't realize how hard it would be to paint with a rambunctious 4 month old puppy. What was I thinking?

Check this picture out:

I had to paint the walls and doors just above his height... and he's no small puppy!


Then I talked my Mom into dog sitting for a day so I could finish up the bottom half.

Here are the finished doors.



I think it adds one more dimension to the room... and it looks clean and crisp a lot longer than the standard white doors.

I guess black doors may becoming all the rage. I just stumbled across a recent post from "Just Beachy" regarding the very same thing: black doors (see her post here). It looks likes "Just Beachy" and I have been busy on similar projects that last couple of months. What an easy fix to bring the look of a home up a notch or two!


2 comments:

  1. looks SOOO good! I can't wait to have my done!
    -denise

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look great!! I love black doors! :)

    ReplyDelete