Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Moving a Bookcase Sans Hubby

This past Saturday I had the brilliant idea to move a bookcase that was in our guest room down to our dining room (we've been working on these rooms for the last couple of months).  We originally took the bookcase out of my hubby's office and moved it into the guest room, but it just felt too darn cramped in there.  

This weekend it finally dawned on me that the bookcase would fit perfectly in the corner of our dining room and it would cover up the ugly electrical box as well.  

Well, I'm one of those girls that when I decide that I want to change somethng, I pretty much want to do it immediately.  The problem with this?  My husband was in the middle of working a 12 hour shift at the hospital. I admit it- the smart thing to do would have been to wait until he got home, but that would have just been too easy, right?  I quickly cleared the bookshelf, removed the shelves, and moved the book case from the guest bedroom, through the hall, through kitchen, down these three steps:



(read more about my stairway makeover here.)

I nestled it into the corner and breathed a sigh of relief that I didn't scratch the floors, stairs, or myself.  

I then went shopping around my house for accessories.  

Here she is...





I'm still filling up the shelves.  I'll be back with the finished pics once I'm done accessorizing.  


P.S.  This it totally unrelated, however, I just had to share this picture with you:








7 comments:

  1. Haha- the last photo cracked me up! And the bookcase looks great there! I'm the same way, as soon as I think of something I HAVE to do it right THEN! :)
    -Kendall
    {songbirdsandbuttons.blogspot.com}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your dog pic is hysterical. You need to make some kind of craft for your blog w/ that pic!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. First, I love your staircase!! Second, the bookcase looks perfect right there. I would have done the same thing, I have no patience an usually do things without waiting for help. Most of the time is ends up ok, most of the time! :)

    And lastly, that picture is the best!!! Nothing like a big bear hug from your four legged friend :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That photo is a scream!!! That bookcase looks perfect there!
    Have a pretty day!
    Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Heather! I just wanted to let you know that I am going to be featuring your stairs and your table in my Inspiration Friday post this week! I hope its ok with you!!??? :-) You have some awesome things you are doing and I thought they needed to be high-lighted!
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your dog is so cute! She looks just like our Satchel and sits on our hips the exact same way. Adorable!

    Kelly

    p.s. I cannot tell you how many times I've almost killed myself trying to move furniture alone! I'm dangerous!

    ReplyDelete