Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Vintage Coke Crate Wagon

This past weekend I spent a lot of time going to yard sales; combing through Craig's List for great deals; and fixing up my great finds.


As I was looking through Craig's List I spotted a vintage Coke crate that had been made into a wagon.  The ad was posted by a thrift/antique store so I decided on Monday that I would make a quick trip to the antique shop during my lunch break.


When I got there, the Coke crate wagon was even better in person, so I snagged if for half off for about $20 bucks.




Isn't it great?  Look, you can even see the indentations where the coke bottles once sat.  





I wonder who's thirst this crate helped quench?

I originally thought that I would house towels and extra blankets in it for guests but we rarely have guests so I quickly decided that would be a waste (no offense if you are one of the few people we know that come to visit because you don't live in Hampton Roads).  I loved it so much that I just knew it had to be out in the main space where we could enjoy it daily.


Here it is in our kitchen eating area (I never know what to call this area.  It's not a nook.  It's not our dining room.  It's not exactly in the kitchen because our counter L's out to divide the two areas.  Oh well, I digress.)




Oh, and if you are noticing the black cabinet and its contents, I'll be back later this week with the cabinet 4-1-1.  I recently moved the cabinet from the living room to the eating area and I filled it up with things I found in my attic and at Goodwill.




P.S.  It is November 2nd and my husband and I have Christmas music blaring.  Can you hear it?  Here's the proof:




As if you needed proof!

Yes, I know, it's a little early but we just couldn't wait.  And guess what?  It was the hubby's  suggestion to turn it on.  I knew I loved him!

2 comments:

  1. I just found your lovely blog & look forward to following along with you through lifes many adventures!
    Smiles,
    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that!! Great find and I like where you put it!

    I love Christmas music and have already been enjoying it too!!

    ReplyDelete