Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Birthday *Pup*cakes

Well, I can officially say that I've become the person that I've scoffed at in previous years. I've always been an animal lover but I've never been **that** animal lover. You know the one that I'm talking about? The one that dresses up their dog... makes special treats for their dog... and the list goes on. While I've never dressed up my dog and don't plan to in the near future (unless you count a snowflake bandana for Christmas pics)...
I did take the time to bake our pooch a "pup"cake. That's right, a few weeks ago, our furry little boy turned one.

Here he is chowing down on his bone shaped cake:



Just in case you want the recipe, here it is:

2 cups water2 overripe bananas
1 tspn vanilla
3 cups flour
1 tblspn baking powder
1 egg
3 tblspn honey

1. Heat oven to 180C (350F).

2. Mash bananas

3. Mix all ingredients together.

4. divide into 2 break loaf pans

5. Bake for about 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center come out clean.

6. When banana pup cakes are cool, frost with cream cheese frosting, if desired.

We used just a little bit of yogurt as frosting.

He loved it!

1 comment:

  1. It's ok! We all say things like that and then when that one special furry friend shows up in our lives, it is all over!!! :) He looks adorable and what a sweet treat for him!! I can tell that he is very loved which is how it is supposed to be!! :)

    ReplyDelete