Friday, December 24, 2010

Garbage In, Garbage Out: Cooking Tip

Merry Christmas Eve, Friends!

I'm sure many of you, like me, will be spending much of your time in the kitchen for the next two days, I thought I'd share a quick cooking tip with you.

Drumroll please.... (Can you hear the little drummer boy in the distance?  No?  Darn!)

A garbage bowl!


(Pictured above is my mess as I prepare a cheesecake from scratch.  Exciting, right?  Get the cheesecake recipe here.)

Yes, that's right. Instead of running back and forth to your trash can over... and over... and over again (or worse, just letting the trash pile up on the counter), grab a large bowl and put it on the counter next to where you are cooking.  Everything goes into the bowl.  When it fills up, you empty it.

I read this tip in a recent Rachel Ray magazine.  One reader described this tip as "revolutionizing the way she cooks."  I wouldn't necessarily go that far; however, it certainly has made things much easier and cleaner.  As my Dad always says "clean as you go."

Happy cooking and baking.  And Merry Christmas!

3 comments:

  1. Great tip, thanks and have a very Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also set my compost bucket on the counter as we compost all veggie/fruit scraps and egg shells or feed them to our chickens. It does save a lot of steps - and when there are extra steps involved, I tend to lose my train of thought (cuz I'm old like that)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Bowl tells the story about cheese cake, yes it is difficult to run around every time for the Trash bins.

    ReplyDelete