Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Goodwill Hunting

About a month ago I made an impromptu stop at a Goodwill store that had just opened its doors down the street from our house.  I had been keeping my eyes peeled for white plates and serving accessories because I had plans to replace our modern looking brown plates for something bright and white (I have since bought white plates with birthday money that I received in November but I haven't' had the chance to share them with you just yet so stay tuned.)

I picked up a few white things that included a serving pitcher. I got it home and displayed it in the spot I had saved for a white pitcher.  You got a sneak peek at it in my vintage coke wagon post and my Christmas decoration post.   You can see it in the background:



I've used the pitcher a few times since I purchased it but I took a quick glance at the bottom of the pitcher as I poured iced tea.  To my surprise it had the words "Le Creuset" on the bottom.

I really don't know what possessed me to look at the brand but I'm glad I did.  So I did a little google search to find that this pitcher sells for $39.95!  Here's the link. Here's the picture of the pitcher from the Betty Crocker Store:


And here the same pitcher sits in my fridge.

Here's the best part.  I only paid one buck for it! Not a scratch or an imperfection on it.  In fact, I think it's safe to say that mine is a little closer to perfect than those in the store because of its $1 price tag.

And so goes the story of my one dollar Goodwill hunting Le Creuset white pitcher.

Gotta love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment