Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Holiday Napkin Rings

Hi Everyone!

The hubs and I just got back from having dinner with his parents.  They flew in tonight to spend Christmas with us.  That means Christmas is getting very close!  3 days to be exact!  Yikes and yea, all wrapped into one!

We are hosting Christmas this year, so I've been hard at work designing our Christmas table on the cheap.  After I saw this post from Layla Palmer of The Lettered Cottage my mind was turning with ideas for holiday napkin rings.

Tonight I whipped up these napkin rings in five minutes:



My friend gave me two boxes of these napkin rings for my birthday:



But I only needed one package for my kitchen table.  I love how much they match both my kitchen table and my dining room table so I knew that I could use that extra box of rings for the holiday table.

I then picked up some silver snowflake ornaments from The Dollar Store.  The ornaments came two per pack and each pack was 1.00... or .50 cents per ornament.  I know you needed me to break down the figures on that one, right?  Just kidding!

I used my handy dandy hot glue gun to attach the snowflakes to the napkin rings.

And there you have it.  


It was so simple!  I did pick up one more package of napkin rings so I had enough for Christmas dinner.  They are part of the Country Living line from K-Mart.  Oh, and Layla claims that the hot glue comes right off if you want to use the napkin rings for other occasions. I haven't tested this yet but I trust her.

I haven't figured out all the details of how my Christmas table will be decorated but here's a preview of the place setting:


The place mats are from, you guessed it, The Dollar Store!  I spend too much time there!

The silver chargers were a gift but they are from Target.

The china is our fine china from our wedding.

The napkins are from Wal-Mart.

And you now know the details on the Napkin rings.

My parents are getting us new flatware for Christmas.  I'm so excited to see it!  We'll be opening that prior to Christmas dinner so we have something to eat with!  I really think there must be a sliverware monster that sneaks into the kitchen and steals our forks after we go to bed... and I'm also convinced that this silverware monster is a cousin of the laundry/sock monster!  I'm sure you know him well!

Hope your holiday preparations are going well!

No comments:

Post a Comment