Saturday, December 18, 2010

Hot Cocoa Kit Christmas Gift

Hi Friends,

So Christmas is officially one week away!  I can't believe it.  I braved the crowds today to get some last minute shopping done since I hadn't purchased one thing for the hubby.  I did remedy that situation today. Phew!

Speaking of Christmas gifts, if you work in an office that's anything like mine, little Christmas elves seem to swoop in and drop off yummy holiday treats when you aren't looking.  I like to return the same sweet sentiments to said Christmas elves but sometimes I struggle to find a budget conscious gift that can be produced in the masses.  Luckily, this year I didn't have a problem.

Here's what I've been working on for the last hour:


I'm 1/4 of the way done.  
I picked up some cute Christmas cups from Target.  They were 2.00 for a 12 pack.
Then I got a few boxes of Swiss Miss (on sale at Target for .99 per box of 10).
I topped off each bag with some Christmas colored Marshmallows ($1.00 per bag at Kroger x 4 bags) and some chocolate chips that I already had at the house.

Below you can see how I assembled the bag prior to placing it into the snowman cup.


I finished it off with a blue ribbon (.99 cents per 50ft roll) and a tag that I made on the computer that reads "Merry Christmas from Heather Boyd".


Here's a little secret.  The tags originally said "Enjoy a warm cup of hot chocolate on a cold winter night.  Merry Christmas.  From Heather Boyd".  Unfortunately, I left out the "o" in Chocolate.



Oops!

Instead of reprinting corrected labels, I just cut off the first part and left "Merry Christmas! From Heather Boyd".

Nobody would ever know (except for the fact that I just announced it to the virtual world)

Oh, and for those of you that are reading this and one of these hot cocoa kits happen to appear on your desk, just pretend that you didn't see this.  Thanks for playing along!

This was really simple and cheap.  It will end up costing about .50 cents per finished cup once I purchase  another bag of chocolate chips.

Merry Christmas!

2 comments:

  1. My son is in middle school now and it's hard to buy gifts for six different teachers. I love this project!! It will be perfect for him to hand out to his teachers next year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Lisa! If you wanted to give each teacher a real mug so they have something to keep versus a paper cup, you could always get mugs from the dollar store. They always have some really cute mugs for $1. I couldn't do that because I made 48 cups, but it would be more doable for six teachers! Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete