Friday, December 24, 2010

My Christmas Tablescape 2010

Hi Everyone!

I've finished decorating my Christmas table.  It's a good thing since Christmas is tomorrow!

I won't bore you with a bunch of writing.  Instead I'll let the pictures do the talking with a few details sprinkled in.  So without further adieu, here's my Christmas table for 2010.




Here's the place setting:


You can find the details on the DIY snowflake napkin rings here.  The other night, I whipped them up in five minutes while watching TV.  
The place mats are from The Dollar Store.
The silver chargers are from Target (they were a birthday gift.)
And the napkins are from Walmart.

A few years back I made each place card.  I held on to them so I wouldn't have to make new ones each year.


Two years ago, I bought the little solider holders from Walmart. 
The name cards are small envelopes from The Martha Stewart paper line (bought at Michael's two years ago).
I made the names on the computer and then taped the print-out to each envelope.


Here are two shots of the center of the table:




The floral centerpieces were made with things that I already had.




The center arrangement is in a white pitcher that I've had at my work office for months.  I brought it home with me yesterday and tied a piece of burlap garland around the neck of the pitcher.  
And the two smaller arrangements that are on each side of the larger pitcher arrangement are in glass vases that I bought at a sidewalk sale years ago. 
All the greenery is from my yard.  I cut it all today while my doggie played outside. 
And I used red Christmas ball ornaments as filler both on the table and in the large arrangement (You can barely see the Christmas ornaments that in are in the arrangement in the picture above but they are in there and look pretty in person. Promise!)
The two red candles are on the table year round.


Lastly, yesterday evening I made the runner from the burlap that was leftover from my tree skirts.



I cut the burlap to the size that I needed and then I used a shish-kabob skewer to pull out some of the threading around the edges to give it the fringed look.

There you have it!  My 2010 Christmas table.  How are some of you decorating your table this Christmas?

Merry Christmas!



No comments:

Post a Comment