Sunday, December 5, 2010

Oh Christmas Tree, Oh Christmas Tree (take 1)

Hi Friends,


I woke up early on this Sunday morning and it's the perfect time to write a blog post.  As I write to you, I'm curled up on my sofa in my snowflake pajamas and I have the perfect view of one of three Christmas trees in our house. To top it off, as I glance out the window, there is a dusting of snow on the ground.  This is really exciting because we rarely get snow in Virginia Beach and quite frankly this scene makes me all warm and fuzzy inside.  You see, I'm a sucker for anything holiday and this feels like the perfect holiday scenerio. I feel so blessed.


Now, on to tree number one.  I did three trees this year: a 7ft real tree in our living room; a 4.5 faux tree on the table in our sunroom/office; and a 9ft faux tree that my parents gifted to us because this year they decied that faux was a no-go this year.  (We won't talk about the fact that since the decision was made on their part to get a real tree, they have entertained the idea of not even getting a tree since we are doing Christmas at my house and my brother may or may not be able to come home for Christmas.  Oh the horror! Sometimes I wonder where I got my love for anything Christmas, holiday and entertaining.)


I had every intention to get you pictures of each tree all throughout last week but my husband's computer hard drive crashed. Poor fellow lost a major biochem paper so he had to start from scratch and he had to commandeer my computer to get 'er done.


Here she is nestled in the window for all that drive by to see:






You may notice from this picture, that my living room isn't in the same set-up from my Living Room Reveal post. On a whim, I pulled all the furniture away from the walls and I really like it.  I'll be posting details on "Living Room Reveal, Take 2" in the coming weeks.


With this tree, I used burlap garland from Michael's (I couldn't find it on Michael's website but it's similar to this).  Then I headed to Wally World (WalMart) to pick up some blue and sliver ornaments.  I really adore these Pottery Barn ornaments that are words:




Of course like most of us, we want the PB look without the PB price.  The ornament is now on sale for $2.99 but at the time that I was ornament shopping, they were $6 per ornament.  Even with the Pottery Barn sale, I still like the price I got better. Walmart has similar words for $1 per ornament.  Here it is on my tree:




And the ornament balls and the icicles came in multi packs for $2-$3 per pack.


I then flocked the tree with faux snow in a can:



And for my tree skirt, I used burlap from the fabric store.



I already had the burlap and the burlap garland on hand, so this tree cost me about $30 bucks for the Walmart ornaments.


Hope you like it!  I'll be back in a day or so with the details of Christmas tree numero dos!





P.S.  I've been working on a major refinishing project of my dining room table.  It's taking FOREVER but I'm almost done.  I can't wait to share the details of my farmhouse-wanna-be-table soon.  Now I'm off to order my Christmas cards from Vista Print.

P.S.S
Here are two pictures from our Christmas Tree adventures (Okay, well not really an adventure since we bought it at Lowes)






3 comments:

  1. Your tree looks SO cozy! I really, really like it!

    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the flocking you did on the branches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is really beautiful and your living room looks so cozy!!! I am like you, I LOVE to be all warm and cozy in my jammies! It is snowing like mad here in Michigan right now and it is so pretty! I can't wait to see your other trees and your dining room! You have been very busy!! :)

    ReplyDelete