Monday, December 20, 2010

Tray #2 (Plus another gift idea)

Hi There,

Just 5 days to Christmas!  Tonight I'll be busy finishing up the Hot Cocoa Kits that I told you about here; baking cookies; and maybe I'll even get a couple of gifts wrapped.  Oh and I'll be hand addressing 30 plus Christmas cards because the labels wouldn't print correctly.

Yesterday I showed you the serving tray that I made out of an old cabinet door.  I promised you that I'd be back today with tray number two.  Here it is:


Like I said in yesterday's post, this is a Christmas gift for a coworker/friend that adores being home with her husband, so the text on this is more than fitting.

Here are the two trays together:


I need to make one more before Saturday.  If you want a full tutorial on how I made these trays, check out yesterday's post. 

And since we are on the topic of gifts, I thought I'd share another great gift idea that is easy and it can cost as much or as little as you need it to be.

Recently, a friend of mine had a birthday and once I saw this at The Dollar Store...


I knew what the present would be.  I got a gift certificate from our local movie theater in the amount of two movie tickets.  Then I packed the popcorn container full of the movie box popcorn from The Dollar Store.  


I love this gift because you can choose how much you want to get the gift certificate for.  And if you want to do this on a smaller scale, The Dollar Store also sells smaller popcorn containers.

We all have people in our lives that stump us when it comes to gift giving.  Who doesn't like to go to the movies?

Happy tray making and movie watching!  
Hey, maybe they can even serve their movie candy on a new tray.

1 comment:

  1. oh I love them both and I love the movie gift idea!!
    Wonderful!

    ~Tana

    ReplyDelete