Saturday, February 26, 2011

Cake Ball Fail

In my last post I showed you how I made little cake footballs for Super Bowl.  I also mentioned that I attempted to help a friend make cake balls for a Valentines Day party.

Well, it totally failed.  We couldn't get the cake to stick together; the chocolate looked very clumpy and so unappetizing.  Let's just say it was a failed attempt all around and here are the pictures to prove it...


 First, the cake overflowed...



Then, my husband came to the rescue.



 After many attempts to make V-day cake pops...


(who would eat those?!)

We surrendered.  
(That's my friend, MaryRuth)

Oh well, you live and learn!
After talking to a friend that is a cake pop extrodinare, I realized that we just rushed the process. The cake needed time to really cool down... some of our cake had warm places.  Then we needed to really let the sticks freeze inside the cake before moving on.

My conclusions?  These little cake pops could take a person 6+ hours to make.  Ugh!
Hopefully you have better luck than I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment