Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Operation DIY Kitchen Renovation Has Started...

Hi Friends,

In my last post, I showed off some painted kitchen floors that I adored. 
 I'm leaning towards this one...

but I haven't made any final decisions yet.  I have a few weeks to decide on the floors because I started the kitchen renovation with the cabinets.

Last week, my kitchen looked like this:




Currently, it looks like this:

(Would you look at that mess!)

And my yard looks like this:

 

I'm taking this one step at a time.  I have a long checklist of things I'd like to do to revamp this kitchen.  That list includes painting the cabinets, walls and floor;  replacing hardware; adding decorative molding... and the list goes on.  This project will happen slowly but surely, as our budget and time allow.  I think I can... I think I can.. 

This won't be one of those projects that I get to show you a bad before picture one day and an awesome after picture the next... but I'm okay with that. We are all working under some form of budget restraint, so I'm sure you understand. I'll be sure to update you along the way.

Wish me luck because there are a lot of projects that I plan to tackle for the first time.
Do you have any cool before and after kitchen pics?  I'd love to see them.

Thanks for stopping by! 



P.S.  I need to offer a shout out to my hubby that remains unshaken by the constant upheaval that my projects cause.  He arrived home from Philly on Sunday only to be greeted by a demolished kitchen. Thanks honey!

3 comments:

  1. You have a great positive attitude and it seems you are being realistic about the time it will take. Looking forward to seeing the bits and pieces as you go along.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Having lived through a 3 year kitchen remodel myself, I'm here to tell you that it can be done while keeping your marriage intact. You have the right attitude. Just take it slow and pay as you go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's awesome that you're trying to tackle doing a kitchen remodel by yourself. I can't way to read about the process. We were going to do kitchen renos this year too, but have decided to put that on hold for now.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete