Sunday, May 15, 2011

Update: Kitchen

Hi Friends,

Here's a sneak peek at how the kitchen is coming along:


I'm still working on the arrangement of dishes but I'm digging the open cabinet look.

Also, I still need to take off the brackets.  

You can read more about why I can't get those suckers off at the moment, right here.  

I'm doing this project one cabinet section at time so I can rotate the contents without allowing disaster to ensue.  I plan to add decorative trim and molding to the cabinets after all of the cabinets are painted.  Read more about my plans for the kitchen right here.

I'm already loving the lighter and brighter look of the cabinets.  I can't wait to see how much brighter the space will be once all of the cabinets are painted.  I'll have to wait a little longer though, because I'll be taking a break from the kitchen renovation for a few days because hubby needs a clean space for a bit.  On Tuesday, we are celebrating our eight year wedding anniversary and he plans to make an amazing dinner for two. Gotta love a guy that can cook... and actually enjoys it!

2 comments:

  1. The open shelves do look good and what a sweetie hubby is to cook for you, Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary! I love the kitchen and the open shelves.

    ReplyDelete