Thursday, July 7, 2011

"Check" This out (Kitchen Floor Update)

Hey Guys! 

Here's another kitchen update for you.  Last night I left you with this kitchen update post and this picture...

but after I pressed "publish" I turned into crazy DIY woman and slapped on two coats of white paint over the primer.  So when I finally went to bed at 1:30am, the floor looked like this:

Today, we were ready to begin painting the checkers but the pattern was too daunting a task for me to handle it on my own.  So I enlisted the hubby to help with the hard mathematical stuff. 
Here he is hard at work:



See that fancy camera work?  You'd never know that hubby was tackling this task in nothing more than his boxers (except for the fact that I just told the entire blogger world! Whoops!)

The taping project was a family affair.  Even Brinkley the Goldendoodle wanted to get in on the action:

And here's where we are tonight. We have checkers!

 We still have plenty to do but it's coming along nicely!

I'll be sure to post a tutorial once I've completed this project.  I want to make sure I figure out and fix all mistakes prior to giving instructions to you!

Whatcha' think?

2 comments:

  1. It's going to look so great! Can't wait to are the finished look.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ummmm, call me when you do crazy cool stuff like this. thanks.

    ReplyDelete