Wednesday, July 13, 2011

TV Appearance: Our Struggle With Infertility

Hi Friends,

I've got a hand sander in my palm as I type.  I hope to have a distressed floor to show you tomorrow!

In the meantime, I wanted to update you on the adoption process.  Many of you remember that I opened up to those in blog land and shared our struggle with infertility here.  My husband and I were asked to share our story along with three other people with The 700 Club Interactive show. I wanted to share that story with you:



It was nerve-wracking sharing such intimate details of our life with the world... so if you are struggling with this, I hope this acts as a reminder that you aren't alone. 


As far as our adoption:  We are at a bit of a standstill. We are putting out feelers in all directions: parental placement, adoption through foster care, private agency adoption... but it is all so slow going.  Our schedules don't meet-up with the foster care classes that we'd have to take in order to become foster care parents (so we'll have to wait until next year to take those) and raising money for private agency adoption seems like such a tall mountain to climb... just one dollar at a time. 

It's frustrating but I'm trying to remain positive and patient.  I keep reminding myself it's all in God's timing.

My hope is that our story speaks to many people!  Years down the road, I want to look back at this time and say that each delay was for a reason and that our child just wasn't ready yet.  

7 comments:

  1. Heather- I love you. I wish I could fix this... :) Ash

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry that I can't watch the video right now as I have no speakers for my computer at this house, I will be back at the other house on Friday and am making a note to watch it then. That is so nice that you got to contribute on the 700 show. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh gosh, now I'm crying. You two were wonderful (Brandon was so sweet!), thank you for sharing your story with us. Probably TMI, but I have endo and two blocked tubes...after 3 years and one miscarriage, IVF and ICSI worked the first time round for us and we have a healthy, beautiful 10 month old baby girl! All I can say is hang in there, the hard, long journey is more than worth it in the end. And you are only 30, girl!!! You still have time, it will happen! You are going to be amazing parents to some little baby out there! I'll be praying and thinking of you, good luck with the adoption:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Sarah, thanks for chiming in. Your story is encouraging! In some fashion, we will be parents ... right now we are parents to Brinkley and if how we feel about him is any indication, then our child will be truly loved.

    Don't feel like you're sharing too much info ... we're all human with mechanical flaws, most of the time the flaws come with the package we're given. It is what it is right?

    Thanks again for sharing!

    Brandon

    ReplyDelete
  5. That was seriously awesome....kudos to you for being so transparent and allowing so many people to find comfort in relating to you guys. Great piece too! - awesome production.
    Can't wait to see how God works in this next year or two in your lives...it's going to be awesome.
    Excited to see you again too! - Jon starts on the 25th...I'll be visiting sometime 8/10-8/15. Hope to stop in and say, "hi"!
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Heather you are such a fine example of grace, strength and patience. I am honored to have you and Brandon as friends. Like Ashley, I'd do anything to fix this for you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Heather, I don't know you personally (I received an e-mail from a friend about you), but I know your struggle. I share your diagnosis. Happily, with medical assistance and parents who were able to lend us money for the procedure, we were able to have two beautiful boys through IUI and In Vitro. There is hope. It took us a long time too. I have a question for you. Is your problem strictly the lack of ovulation, or has your doctor determined that you are unable to physically carry a baby? My e-mail is Moorie13@aol.com.

    ReplyDelete