Tuesday, July 5, 2011

You Say It's Your Birthday...

Hi There,

My hubby turns the big 3-0 in just 2 1/2 short weeks.  We've decided to have a relaxed backyard bbq where people can kick back and relax and chow down on some yummy BBQ,

(Side note:  we've jokingly attempted to see how many "Bs" we could fit into a title for this birthday bash.  So far we've come up with Brandon Boyd's Bangin' Birthday BBQ Bash.")

But I digress.

We'll be breaking out Brandon's Master Forge smoker, which I gifted to Brandon for his graduation.
The party will be the first time we give ol' Master Forge a spin; however, this won't be the first time its smoking abilities were put to the test.  I produced a segment on BBQ/Smoking with Barton Seaver, host of Nat Geo's host Cook Wise and author of For Cod And Country.

(image courtesy of Barton Seaver's Blog)

Look at the pretty cookbook. He and his wife quit their day jobs to follow their passions: his passion is cooking and her passion is graphic design.  That leap of faith is working out well for them.


Here's the cooking segment. 

He was an absolute pleasure to work with!

Now that you're salivating, let's talk pretty party details.  I'm playing off the typical picnic theme with red and white gingham but I plan to throw a little vintage twist in the mix with old time straws and some shabby chic furniture to boot.  Here are my inspiration pics all from Hostess With The Mostess.  






These are just a few things that have caught my eye.  I have so many ideas... now I just have to choose which ones to stick with.  
Stay tuned to see how everything shapes up on June 23rd!

I hope everyone had a safe and happy 4th of July!

P.S. If you have any ideas that may fit right in with my party plan, feel free to send them my way!

No comments:

Post a Comment